Friday, April 17, 2015

Brand Spotlight: Institut Esthederm



I can’t honestly say how I stumbled upon this brand, but I’d guess that with my (daily) beauty searching & researching, I came onto it some how. Regardless, I love that I have. Institut Esthederm is a brand from France, which of who take great care and research into their highly raved about products. They are known for their lux suncare, but in this post I am going to focus on their skincare range, which deserves it praises as well.




Micellar waters are my favorite kind of makeup remover because they never stripping, drying or irritating; even the most sensitive of skins can use micellar waters. This one in particular is especially refreshing & gentle on the face & eyes & is good (not great) at removing eye-makeup. It leaves the skin super soft & clean. At the end of the day, this isn’t the best of the best in terms of micellar waters though, it’s not so much different from others like Bioderma or Vichy [still love those, too]. It’s honestly all about personal preference; I enjoy trying out different types of micellar waters just to see how one compares to the other. But, I already got a back-up of this one in my beauty cabinet. 



The cleansing milk, on the other hand, is something else (in a great way). On their website, it instructs to put product on a cotton pad  & swipe over skin or use fingertips, than soak another cotton pad with their hydrating lotion (below) to remove. I have not tried this method; I pour a bit of product into the palm of my hands, rub together, then gently massage into skin & remove with a warm, damp face towel. The reason why I haven’t tried it their way was because for whatever reason, I never got the lotion, until a few days ago. So far though, my method has been working out for me regardless, yet I’m curious of trying their method now that I have it. This happens to be the best cleansing milk I’ve tried. It literally is so gentle on the skin, its incredible, feels like massaging an extremely soft blanket on your face (best way I can explain it)! My skin feels soft & hydrated, yet amazingly clean after removal. They got it right with this one.



Lastly, the hydrating lotion (toner). As I mentioned above, I didn’t get this in until a few days ago but, its worth a mention. This line is just spot on when it comes to knowing what to do to take care of sensitive skins. As the others, this is extraordinarily gentle & wonderful at removing any excess product/makeup/impurities left over after cleansing, while being alcohol-free! Non-drying or irritating & so gentle. 


 The combo of these 3 together are all just so gentle & comforting on the skin (how man times have i said gentle already?!). They seem to be well aware of the fragility of the skin, and that hydration and gentleness is key. All of these products are great for normal, dry, dehydrated, mature, and/or sensitive skins. 


Unfortunately, this skincare line is not so readily available in the US, so I had to order from a site that ships from the UK; though delivery time took about 2 weeks to get to me. Thats actually pretty great considering that I’ve waited longer than month to get an order from other UK sites in the past. I will have all products with links to where you can purchase them below if you happen to be interested. I would love to try out more of their skincare range, particularly their moisturizers. Hopefully in the near-future it becomes more available in the states because I am positively hooked.




Instagram
follow me on instagram for daily beauté postings!

No comments:

Post a Comment