Thursday, November 19, 2015

First Impressions: Sunday Riley's 'Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm'




Raise of hands, how many of you have been coveting this beautiful, blue baby for months?! *both hands raised* It's well worth it, may I add. I picked this cleansing balm up during Sephora's yearly VIB ROUGE event, where ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is 20% off; all brands, all fragrances, no exclusions of any kind. Sephora is the Wonka Factory of highend beauty, the mecca of all beauty lovers. This year has had its fair share of great skincare and makeup releases, and with the holidays right around the corner, the best of what beauty has to offer is popping up all over the place. Its overwhelming at best, but at the same time, what a joy it is to be able to partake in the festivities.

Sunday Riley is that highly coveted, good-stuff for your skin that costs a buttload...yet, you feel and look good with it on, no matter if you look like you just rolled out of bed or just going to the world premiere of the new James Bond flick, you really can't do much wrong when using Sunday Riley products. Granted, with that being said, it may not be for everyone; not every product may be well suited for sensitive skin types (at least to use everyday) but, when it comes down to it, her products speak volumes, and the masses absolutely love what they have to offer.

I've tried two SR products prior this, but they ended up not working out because I got them surrounding their hype, not really based on my skin needs (tisk Jewels!), I just couldn't help myself though...but this cleansing balm, on the other hand, can suit almost every skin type, except maybe the extremely oil.



This balm has vanilla, tangerine, sweet orange, chamomile, and blue tansy essential oils; thrown in with organic cocoa and moringa butters (Emma Hardie fans rejoice!). And it smells almost distinctly of cocoa, but not in anyway overpowering. The blue balm itself is absolutely lovely to look at, and the consistency and formula of the balm is quite creamy without being thick, and never feeling heavy on the skin. You just need a little to do the trick, rub those palms together for a few seconds than start massaging that makeup off your face! Its a very therapeutic experience with all the aromas you get from the lush ingredients thats thrown in, and something I see myself reaching for my evening cleanse.

Out of a 5-star rating, I give it a 4, reason being: The packing and the product itself is absolutely stunning, would look grand on the vanity, floor, bookshelf, it's just so beautiful. The smell is comforting while not being strong, has a great slip, great at removing makeup and impurities; but, at the end of the day, its just a very nice, hydrating balm cleanser. Its more beautiful in appearance than anything else, and normal/dry skins would certainly love the feeling of this, especially when used as a mask. 

If you're looking for a basic, does-what-it-says-on -the-tin balm, go with Clinique's Take The Day Off Balm; its a no fuss, no muss kind of cleanser, fragrance free, and does great with all skin types, especially sensitive. On the other hand, if you want a more luxurious experience, with a rich, thick, and creamy balm that will take off your makeup punched with a little something special in between, than I'd pick Emma Hardie's Moringa Cleansing Balm. If want something in between but different, with just a bit of UNF, than go the Blue Moon route. Or, if you haven't tried anything from the Sunday Riley brand before, I think this one is a good choice to try first, or one of their many oils. This isn't the BEST of the best of balm cleansers I've ever tried, if I had to pick out of the 3, I'd go with Clinique because it's simple and efficient, and sometimes I don't need all the extra goodies in a cleanser that I'm just going to end up washing off my face anyway.

Either way, I was satisfied with this cleanser and I'd repurchase on the account if I wanted to put something interesting back into my routine, if I was bored of the same old boring balm (sorry Clinique). I do think its worth a look, especially if you're a Sunday Riley fan, you certainly won't be disappointed. 

Its now available at Sephora online or in-stores (call to check for availability) and retails for $50.  

No comments:

Post a Comment