Sunday, September 27, 2015

Miracle In A Can: La Roche-Posay 'Serozinc'

photo credit: laroche-posay.com

I can barely begin to get into my explanation onto why this has been one of the best, newly introduced products I've tried out so far this year. If you missed it, I did a UK Beauty Swamp with the lovely Jess over at MakingItUp, & LPR's Serozinc was one of the lovely items I was gifted during the beauty exchange. Its been a few months now & I have yet to put it down from the moment I received it.

If you're a beauty junkie, you'd have heard, read, seen, and/or tried this blue-beauty-in-a-can already, so you know all the rave and hype surrounding this is pretty amazing. I talked a little bit about my love for it early back in that swap post, but todays post is going to be my full thoughts on the product, and how I use it in my day-to-day routines.

In the beginning, I used it as a toner and/or mist after my cleanse, predominantly in the evening hours, and my skin reaped its lovely benefits but, with all the other stuff I was putting on top of it after, I felt slightly bad that it wasn't getting its upfront recognition that it so rightfully deserves. For whatever reason, the way I use it now came to me rather randomly...I thought it would serve and benefit as a great setting spray for my makeup...wait, what?!

My indecisive skin is combo, so more days than not, my skin can get oily midday, and with makeup on and no real time to take a break and blot/retouch/what-have-you, my face looks half grease pan, half goddess-perfection, which can be very (half) aggravating! After all my makeup is on, I spray lightly up, down, & across my face to set it, as you would a normal setting spray. Not only has this method kept my oily bits at bay during the day with its mattifying properties, its helped my makeup stay in place longer than without it! When my skin gets oily, the makeup starts to slide (nose & chin mostly) and by days end, might as well not have put on any makeup at all.

I wasn't seeing everything I wanted to when I was using it as a toner, so I chose this nonconventional route; this was a whim that worked for me. This doesn't mean to neglect it as a toner/mist, with everyones skin being different, listen to what yours wants and go with whatever method best suits you.

Sadly, I'm more than half way through the can already and I haven't been able to find it any place that sells it to ship it to the U.S. Its frustrating that La Roche-Posay hasn't released it over here; theres been no mention or hint at it either that it ever will, so without further ado, my plea/love letter to the brand:


If you're reading this, please, PLEASE take into huge consideration of releasing this absolutely outstanding product that is Serozinc across the pond in the States! There are a plenty acne/oily skin sufferers that can greatly benefit from this gentle & effective product, we would greatly appreciate your it!

For those of you in the UK & France, its readily available to you almost anywhere that sells the La Roche-Posay brand!

No comments:

Post a Comment