Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Battle of the Body Scrubs: Clarins vs Soap & Glory

Theres nothing like a good body scrub, am I right? A few times a week at the end of the day, gently exfoliating the dead skin and grime off, only to reveal, soft, smooth, new skin that you never want to stop touching: thats what body scrubs are great for. A little at home treat that your body needs in order to regenerate skin and help cure any rough patches that may take hold on it; your skin is brighter and glowing and clean, just like a car coming out of a car wash. Ok, I think you get it, body scrubs should (if not already, tsk!) be apart of your shower routine a few days a week, though if I could do it ever night without damage I would!



Highend: My favorite body scrub for the last year has been Clarins' 'Exfoliating Body Scrub for Smooth Skin'. Like most Clarins products, the fragrance is a loveliness of medicinal serenity and calmness while being super gentle on my sensitive skin. I pretty much have sensitive skin head to toe, and Clarins has never irritated with its fragrances (which they are known for). It claims to soften (check!), smooth (check!) and firm (?!). I'm not completely sold on the firming capabilities but, that doesn't bother me in the slightest because my skin always feels so lovely and wonderful when using it. I've been using it for so long now, I forgotten how long I've had this bottle for already, but I am almost out!

Drugstore: Thats why I had put a hold on the Clarins before I finished the bottle, and started using the Soap & Glory 'The Scrub of Your Life' that I received in my UK beauty swap with Jess, the lovely lady behind one of my favorite beauty blogs,  MakingitUp.  Right off the bat, I fell absolutely in LOVE with the scent of this body scrub! It took me to such a sweet place that I never wanted to put it down and get on with the day, just wanted to sit and sniff the crap out of it from the tube. The first time I used it and felt my skin, I literally squealed in shock at the smoothness of it, that well, I couldn't stop feeling how smooth and soft I was, and that was before any moisturizer was slathered on! I get baby-soft, reborn-again skin from this scrub, skin so soft that I didn't even think it was possible until.

Now, to get to the bottom of this post... which one is better? To be honest, they are both quite top-notch products. They both do an incredibly phenomenal job at getting rid of annoying dry patches and smooth the skin with ease and no irritations. But, if I must choose one...it would be...the drugstore's Soap & Glory! The reason being, it made me squeal upon first use, and that never happened with the Clarins scrub. You won't be disappointed either route you take, if you're looking for a great body scrub, give one of these a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment