Friday, May 29, 2015

Getting Ready for Summer series, Part II: Favorite Fragrances for Summer



Ah, summer is finally coming upon us...unless you're like me and have been prepping for summertime since it ended last year...anyway, to continue with the Getting Ready For Summer series of posts here, I thought I'd end it on a very lovely, fragrant note. These fragrances wisp me away to a lush, sunny landscape on an island or dewy, colorful garden in the English countryside.



The first one is by candle connoisseur's Diptyque, with their L'Ombre dans l'Eau toilette (125ml pictured). This is my first personal fragrance from the brand and let me tell you, WOW. This scent is absolutely outstanding, and even more so for the summertime because it takes you to a beautiful English garden in a sunny, dewy atmosphere. It settles in beautifully and you only need about 1-2 spirtz to have a scent last for hours (its quite overpowering at first). Even after its faded throughout the day, I still catch little wiffs of it on me & its just oh-so pleasant and calming. This will not leave my side this summer!



My other favorite fragrance for summer is not a perfume or toilette, but a hair mist! I have dry, color-treated hair that I wash every few days, so by day 2 or 3 (before I wash) I like to spray this hair mist by Fekkai, the L'Air de St. Barths Hair Fragrance Mist as a hair refresher. This one takes you to a beautifully, sun kissed island getaway without ever having to hop on a plane (though who doesn't want to take a rendezvous to St. Barths?!). This light, citrus scent smells delightful without being overpowering, with giving a subtle shine & taming of the frizz. I don't combine the two scents together, yet if you aren't in a perfume wearing mood, this is a great, lighter option. I never used hair mists before this, because I would just spray a bit of my perfume but, this adds extra hair benefits that suit well with the summer weather & something I'll be reaching for on those beach days.

What are some of your favorite scents for the summer season?  Let me know in the comments!


Where to Purchase



No comments:

Post a Comment