Friday, June 5, 2015

My MAC Lipstick (mini) Collection


What beaute lover doesn't enjoy a good MAC lipstick? They are one of the most iconic and popular brands when it comes to lipsticks, and they do a darn good job at it; with a vast variety of colors and unique name choices, they are usually hard to beat out. I have a few (7 to be exact) that I all love dearly, and that I use (almost) regularly. I have a small collection, thats only because I like to branch out into other brands yet, I keep coming back for more (& only more to come in the future I presume...). Anyway onto my (mini) beautiful collection.


My very first MAC lipstick was the shade 'Patisserie' in the lustre finish. A beautiful nude-light pink with a lovely cream formal to match. I love nude lipsticks, I lean more towards light pink and mauve-nudes, and this one is the top of the tops for me, meaning that this is probably my favorite nude lipstick I own, and probably favorite in general. I have loved it so much over the last 2 years that I am on a second tube of this stuff, and I never have repurchased a lipstick before, let alone go through one start to finish. There is just something so special about finding that 'one' lipstick for you that just completes anything you wear or whatever kind of makeup look you put on your face that day, this one always is my go-to if I can't decide what color lipstick I want to wear. It's an all-around winner for me.


'Half N' Half' is another nude lipstick that just never fails for me. This goes on the mauvey-nude spectrum, though it says on MAC's website that its a creamy pink, it definitely shows up more on the mauve side on me, though you can also say its a mauve/pink nude hybrid? Sure, let's go with that...I absolutely love how the amplified finish feels on my lips and looks; not drying, extremely creamy without being overly shiny, just another one MAC got right, spectacular shade.


'Fresh Moroccan' was definitely a step out of my comfort zone when it comes to lipstick shades; again, MAC's website describes this shade as a 'brick red' though with the gold shimmer, it makes this 'brick red' look more almost like a copper-red. I usually detest shimmer in makeup products, but something about this one was just calling me out to try it, I don't know what it was...and the disappointing thing about all of this is that I rarely have worn this shade enough since I have gotten it (probably almost over a year ago now!). I may have to experiment with this more over the summer and through the fall because as I type this, its looking more and more appealing to me again, though the reason still stumps me.


I have two shades in the satin finish, which is another wonderful formulation that MAC's put out with their lipsticks, the ones I have are in shades 'Brave' and 'Media'. I loved 'Brave' at first, but after a while I just felt it was too much on the pinky side for my taste, something about the whole shade now just throws me off and I don't know why, its not one that I reach for quite often anymore and its disappointing because in the tube it is such a beautiful color. 'Media' on the other hand is this absolutely stunning dark red with some purple undertones too it, I can best describe it as a light burgundy, which is something that's not just great for fall and winter, but something you can also pull off in the summer too if you like breaking the rules with color during the seasons.


The last 2 shades are mattes, which are usually my least favorite formulation because they tend to be a bit more drying on me, though a little prepping of the lips before with a bit of balm greatly helps that. 'Diva' is this perfect oxblood red color, not dark enough in my opinion to be a full-on burgundy shade, though it does have hints of the color in there; this is another great one I think that can be worn more during the summer months as well (more than 'Media'). The last shade is a new one for me, and another MAC nude lipstick that I've fallen in love with, 'Velvet Teddy'. It tends to be slightly similar to 'Half N' Half', but this one is more beige than mauve, also meaning its just a bit more darker in tone, but let me tell you guys, it looks like 'Velvet Teddy' is going to be competing with 'Half N' Half' soon for second place of my fave MAC lip. & a little side-note  the perfect lip-liner really adds the icing to the cake for this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment