Monday, June 22, 2015

Top 5 Fave Facial Masks, #5 Charlotte Tilbury: 'Goddess Skin Clay Mask'

Ok, so I've been naughty, haven't kept up with the 'Monday Must-Have's' or  'Friday Fails'...I know, naughty Jewels...anyway...


This week's blog posts will be on my top 5 favorite facial masks; started from #5 (my least favorite-favorite) to #1 (my most favorite-favorite). I am a little bit obsessed with face masks, but is that such a bad thing? It's like getting a little facial done at a spa without ever having to leave your bathroom really, which is always nice. The 5 masks I'm going to post have been tried and true by me for a long time now, and I love them all for different reasons. All but one are clay masks; I LOVE me a good clay mask. I always feel that they really get into the depths of the skin and get out all the gook&grime deep within, and these all make my skin just feel so clean and lovely and nice...I can go on but, let's get into the first one...

Charlotte Tilbury has been reigning supreme the last year with her highly-rated and very much sought after makeup line; which from personal experience is outstanding. She also has some nice little skincare goodies as well, such as this mask called the 'Goddess Skin Clay Mask'. Its different from some clay masks I've tried in the past, being on the more thinner side when it comes to consistency; this isn't a bad thing by any means, but for me personally it feels like I always have to squeeze out more from the tube than I really need, and the tube itself is already small enough, at 2.5 fl oz (75ml). The packaging on the tube makes up for it though, lovely rose gold label with light pink looks so lux and pretty on the vanity. 


And there is a scent to this, a bit on the stronger side (beware sensitive skins). Its like a perfumed baby powder (then again it is supposed to give you that 'baby skin' feel/look), thats the best way I can describe the smell in words, but its very nice nonetheless. 

On the tube it states that it 'visibly lifts, smoothes, brightens, & tightens pores for baby skin'...I'm not knocking any of these claims down but, I don't feel like this mask does all of these things in the extreme. Let me explain...

Firstly, I only use this mask if I'm going to be out of the house all day and: going to a party/event, etc, before I put on my makeup for said day/event. For me, this is the best time to use the mask and to really reap the effects of it. I definitely agree that it gives a great smoothness and brightness, as well as plumpness. Yet, I can't really tell or notice the lifting & tightening of pores on me; if its doing it, its not something I notice and if its not well, thats a false claim on CT's part (everyone's skin is different, you may just get the full package tenfold). Anyway, the reason I do this before a long-day-wear of makeup and festivities is because this holds my makeup up so well; meaning my skin looks [with makeup] even more phenomenal than if I weren't to use it prior to the fact. Every time I've used this, I've received compliments on how great my skin/makeup looks, so I know this mask is doing SOMETHING great to it, whatever it is. 

Thats really the reason why this is in my top 5 favorite masks; it gives my skin the extra (unnoticeable-noticeable) UNF that it needs. I wouldn't use this to help with problematic skin or for treatment purposes; if anything, this is more of a 'fun' kind of mask, a very expensive $70 'fun' mask. I don't reach for this often unless I'm doing the above; I maybe get 2 uses a month out of this, if that... which isn't bad because the tube isn't big to begin with and, again, it's expensive. If you're on the market for a 'my skin but better for a day' mask, this is your gal right here. Regardless of your intentions of picking this up, it's a good one to have in your beauté cabinet for those special, fabulous occasions.

You can purchase this mask on Beautylish, here or on Ms. Tilbury's main site, here

No comments:

Post a Comment