Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday Must-Have: Mario Badescu 'Chamomile Eye Cream'


Eye creams are a hit or miss for me at times. Either they are not hydrating enough, formulation is icky, or it irritates around the sensitive eye area...And I am a bit finicky when it comes to them as well, not only for the above reason, but for the benefits they will provide. 


I don't have heavy dark circles usually, unless I'm ill or had a horrid, long day (we all have them once in a while); nonetheless, I still struggle with them. As well as puffiness, especially with spring here and summer around the corner, the allergies attack and give me awful puffiness all around my eye area; dryness is also a constant year-round, until I picked up this eye cream from Mario Badescu

This was a completely random purchase from Ulta...I was browsing their site for a new eye cream, reading reviews, checking ingredients, etc...I stumbled upon the Chamomile Eye Cream ($18) from his line. The name attracted me to it to be quite honest, I am drawn to anything with 'Chamomile' in the name just because I love the soothing and relaxing properties it gives off; added vitamin boost from A & E are also incorporated into this.


Its a very thick, moisturizing eye cream that I use only at nighttime. I am going to emphasize something here, it's very a thick eye cream; a lot of eye 'creams' I have tried in the past feel more like a light lotion or moisturizer, this actually is a cream, and a very hydrating one at that. Another thing I will mention, oily lids will not like this because it will make the eye area oily to due oils that are also in this cream (non-irritating for sensitive, dry eyes). I don't have any oiliness around my eye area but, this still doesn't bother me. When applying, I like to massage this all around my eye contour and under eye for almost a minute, it feels so calming and relaxing when doing so. My eye area does look a bit on the greasy side (hence why I stick to using it at night), after a while it settles and goes away but, that takes a bit, too. 

This is recommended for dry, sensitive eye-use. I have noticed a turnaround since using this: I no longer notice any dry patches around my eye contour or outer corners, my under eyes have looked less dull, dehydrated, and dark, and the skin around the whole eye feels so soft and nourished the next morning. 

I just purchased my second pot of this little magic-wonder eye-saviour, thats how much I have fallen in love with it and that's why it's this Monday's must-have!


No comments:

Post a Comment