Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Drugstore Gems: That Pixi Glow, Tonic & Mist Review

'Drugstore Gems' is well, it says what it means in the title: drugstore beauty products, skincare or makeup, that I find to be standout gems in the drugstore. Drugstore items tend to be more misses than hits with me, solely due to the harsher (& cheaper) ingredients used in them. Needless to say though, I have found some pretty good ones & I'd like to share them with you guys with this series. I don't know how often I'll have these up, may be every week, or every other, or once a month, who knows. I shouldn't really keep a set schedule with this blog because I am never good at keeping up with having things more 'tidy' and set; I'm a bit scatter-brained as you can notice by now, hope you don't mind. '


Anyways, onto it!





I haven't had Pixi's Glow Tonic in my skincare arsenal for a while now (only on my first bottle still) but I can say thats a product that I will end up going back to once I've run out; I am absolutely love the stuff. The hype surrounding this product is all true; an extremely gentle, hydrating, exfoliating toner that is alcohol-free. It soothes the skin with its aloe & ginseng content, plows away at removing dead skin cells for a clearer, healthier, & brighter complexion.

I am more particular of using this tonic in the morning because it's like the equivalent of splashing coffee on my face; it looks less dull, glowy, and awake! The fragrance to this is non-irritating and doesn't linger on the skin, its quite relaxing and refreshing to smell when first waking up to be honest.  Granted if you still wanted to have coffee splashed on your face at night, have at it because its just as pleasant in the evening as well, it comes down to personal preference.



The Glow Mist is just as good except I use this as a refresher throughout the day. I wouldn't compare this to the Tonic, yet it still nourishes the skin with a touch of dewiness & glow. The reason for the incomparability coincides with my con of the product: after I sprayed it to refresh my makeup, about 2 hours or so later, my face looked more oily than it normally would be if I didn't use it. I deduced that it was the argan oil, which tends to always be heavy on my skin, unless its toward the bottom of the ingredients list. This doesn't steer me away from still using the product, the composition is still quite lovely, especially during the spring and summer months, sans makeup for me. 

If you don't want to spend the $29 on the Glow Tonic (8.5 fl oz) & argan oil does you more wonders than worries, this comes at a more affordable price of $15 (2.70 fl oz); the size is also quite convenient for travel, a great little skincare treat to pack on your summer holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment