Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Institut Esthederm: Active De Jour, Tinted Day Care

With a mouthful of a name, a top-notch product stands behind it. My love for Institut Esthederm is strong, as seen in a previous brand spotlight post I did sometime back. It shouldn't be any surprise than that I still try out more of their products with the success rate I've had with them, which only continues with their Tinted Day Care.



This can certainly be put in the 'tinted moisturizer' category, though with such light coverage, can also be more well suited for a CC Cream, just with more science behind it. It helps protect the skin against environmental irritants and climate changes. Though I live in a suburb, I work in a more bustling part of town where a lot of pollutants reside, and this has protected my skin more than other tinted moisturizers have. I've noticed with use that less grime and dirt comes off my face by days end, which shows on my cotton pad the effectiveness of this product.

Now, this next part is something I'm not completely sure I understand scientifically speaking, but I'll try to explain it as best I can. This doesn't have an SPF rating, though does have a UV protection agent to help protect your skin from:


So, I'm not sure if this actually helps protect broad spectrum (UVA & UVB), but I put an spf underneath anyway since I'm not so understanding of this part of the product. Regardless, I don't see any irritations or redness from the sun with use.

There is no color range for this product, though the product itself comes out in this tan color, which at first was a bit daunting to me considering I'm more light/medium skintone. I'm happy to say that it blended into my skin beautifully, with only a subtle notice of color, but not off-putting in anyway to notice a shade difference. If anything, the shade helped reduce the appearance of my common redness and other discolorations on my skin, which in turn makes it look more toned & refreshed, a "my skin but better" look. I get away with using this as a base, little concealer, little setting powder, & a quick setting spritz & I felt confident walking out the door. With all that said, I wouldn't recommend using this in hopes to help cover blemishes, because the coverage is very, very light. 

Overall, this product happily surprised me, and I notice a difference when using this on my skin; it looks less dull, less beaten up by environment and weather pollutants throughout the day, less grime gets attracted to the face, and the overall appearance of the skin looks healthier. 

Despite all my praise, there are a few unfortunate downsides: it only comes in 1oz; though most foundations and the like come in this size, you get more bottle than product, kind of similar to a bag of chips! Also, its hard to find in the US, like really hard to find. I have probably found about 2 websites that actually sell this product, and one of the places (where I purchased from) was Amazon because it was the most inexpensive (though usually with these kind of hard-to-get products, they tend to be more overpriced than under, this was luckily the exception). If this product wasn't so hard to find in the US, I would have stocked myself up with a few more by now! Its just my luck to find an amazingly wonderful product like this, only to notice that it's not even readily available for purchase here, like, anywhere! Such a drag.

Institut Esthederm, if you happen to stumble upon this post, can you darlings be kind enough to hook a girl up and send some more bottles of this my way, please! Your generosity would be undoubtedly appreciated, tenfold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment