Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Makeup Stash: Foundations


The main makeup product that I'm most picky about are foundations. Either I can never find one exactly my shade, it oxidizes too much, its too oily, matte, heavy...I seem to find more cons than pros with foundations & I don't know if its because I'm too damn picky or what but, foundation is kind of a big deal when it comes to makeup (& mascara, but thats for another post, another day) & so I think for me, that justifies me being so picky about them. I do heavy research before I go out & commit to buying any one foundation, because 1. they are expensive, usually & 2. for reasons stated above. The research I do means reading reviews, watch YouTube videos, the like.

Its also rare that I ever finish one up completely; the last one I did was Dior's 'Diorskin Nude BB Creme', which since I have repurchased but, I've also noticed that it oxidizes awfully pink on my skin now, & I don't know why. I've come to put that on the back shelf, sadly. I will tell you why I loved it though: it never felt heavy, it gave light coverage (BB creme after all) but it didn't separate, never irritated, & lasted for a good part of the day (with work thrown in between). Its sad that I can't use it anymore, I may try again during the fall/winter months, but thats a debate I need to take on myself.


Another BB Creme, which was a bit of a surprise to me on how much I ended up loving it, is the Physicians Formula 'Argan Wear Renew BB Cream'. Its this thick, hydrating & softening foundation that just sits on my combo skin lovely. Even though its a bit thicker in consistency than I'd normally like, in no way does it feel that way. There is a bit of a fragrance to this, but it fades away. Like Dior, I've never run into any issues on this one, & the fact that its super affordable, it will be a constant repurchase again & again & again...

Moving away from BB Cream's now...


The next 2 may not surprise many and I won't make this too lengthy due to the fact that you can find so many reviews & videos on these products. Chanel's 'Vitalumière Aqua Foundation' & Giorgio Armani's 'Luminous Silk Foundation': Both are standout foundations. If you want more of a medium-to buildable-full coverage, Chanel's your best bet out of the two. They both settle on the skin very smooth. Armani is less watery of the two; you really got to shake up the Chanel one before use or it will get slippery. I do notice that Armani clings to dry parts of my face at times, just a note for more drier skins. Also, these two give a more 'dewy' look to the skin so, if you're on the oily side, these probably shouldn't be your top picks but, maybe a matte primer or moisturizer before applying may help subdue that part. I will say that I do love the Armani one just a bit more, only because I was able to find practically my exact skin color in a bottle, which is like HOW WOW FANTASTIC THANK YOU. A lot of positive feelings here.


Clarins' 'Skin Illusion Natural Radiance Foundation': Its about medium, buildable coverage & consistency, probably almost or just as thick as the PF's 'Argan Wear'. Like the 'Argan Wear', the bit of thickness doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I found that a light moisturizer/primer works best underneath this foundation for best longevity & less of a chance of it breaking apart on. I noticed the first few times using it, it had the tendency to do this, mostly in my more oily areas & cling to drier patches, but hasn't since I started incorporating a lighter moisturizer (currently like to use Diptyque's 'Protective Moisturizing Lotion' underneath). I also like applying this with a particular makeup brush, Lancome's 'Foundation brush #2'; this flatter type of brush really helps this foundation disperse evenly and smoothly onto the skin for a marvelous application and look.

A little side-note, like most Clarins products, this does have a fragrance to it. Its not overly strong and  doesn't stay on the skin for very long...yet, if you are very sensitive to fragrances, I may read the ingrediegents list first and/or stay a way from this one, just to be safe. With that said though, I do really love using this and I have been picking this up more lately because it's been outstanding in Florida's summer heat and humidity. It gives such a nice, subtle, radiant look. Its not overly dewy or luminous (which can look more oily than luminous for those prone to oiliness). I'm rarely ever disappointed with Clarins, & this is no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment