Sunday, March 20, 2016

First Impressions: Sunday Riley's 'Tidal: Brightening Enzyme Water Cream


When Sunday Riley comes out with a new product, you bet your bottom that the beauty community within the skincare realm is eager to get their hands on it, come the launch of **Tidal, their newest baby. It's a facial water cream that claims to brighten, smooth, intensely hydrate, and exfoliate the skin; it will help relieve the skin of discolorations from hyperpigmentation, and promises to hydrate for up to 24 hours so your skin never feels tight, dry, or uncomfortable, just nourished, glowing and plump.  

I've been using this strictly as my nighttime moisturizer, with no other oils or serums underneath or on top for the last week to be able to really see the powerhouse that this cream claims to be; even though this does claim to exfoliate, I still use my Biologique Recherche P50 1970 Lotion before because it's the only acid tone that really allows any product I put on top of it to work its magic (for me, this doesn't cause any irritations such as burning or stinging). 


A few extra sidetones about Tidal:
- Its oil-free, noncomedogenic, cruelty-free, vegan, hypoallergenic, and gluten-free. Is good for all skin types, including sensitive skins. My skin can become reactive to products, but this cream did not negatively effect my skin in any way (no redness, stinging, burning, or breakouts). 

- It has a not-so-mild powdery, cucumber-esque fragrance; Cucumber Extract is an ingredient, however its quite overpowering for an ingredient thats placement in this product is to the lower-middle end of the IG list. Regardless, it's not the worse smelling product that's in SR's line, and its not bothersome to me or my skin.

- A little goes a long way with this cream. Its a thick, almost gel-cream, yet it feels incredibly light on the skin, not the least bit heavy.

All of their claims, for the most part, have proved to be in SR's favor. It goes on light, cooling, and comfortable on the skin; it sinks into it like a dream, leaving it smooth, soft, & hydrated while looking nice and plump. Upon morning my skin still feels the same! Maybe a little less plump, but definitely still incredibly hydrated and soft, no skin tightness, nothing. I can't say how much its helped with hyperpigmentation that I suffer from post-acne scaring after only a week, but again, I also use BR's P50 1970 in conjunction, so I'm sure once some time has passed, that claim will soon to prove right by Sunday as well.

It's been a few months since I've incorporated a cream into my nighttime routine, and come to my delightful surprise, I have rarely put this down since the day it arrived at my doorstep. Good on ya, Sunday

You can purchase Sunday Riley's Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream at Sephora, in-stores and/or online, here


** Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was kindly sent to me by the mentioned brand for review. All opinions & comments about the product(s) are from my own personal use and experience with them. I am not being paid to talk about the product(s) mentioned, unless stated otherwise.


2 comments:

  1. It's interesting that SR came out with this. I suppose this a good option for people who don't like using oils at night? I still have to use up Juno (which I am loving) so I won't really be going for this.

    Advaita | Blush Canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite surprised as well! I like that they are trying something different, and was pleasantly surprised how much I have been loving this. If you were were ever thinking of trying it, I'd just go to your local Sephora and ask for a sample of it; I definitely think its worth the test drive.

      Delete