Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Dermstore BeautyFix Subscription Box: February 2016

Dermstore is one of my favorite beauty online shoppes to browse; they have a glorious array of different brands to choose from on their site, and always have great deals and sales going on weekly.  They carry some of my favorite brands like Sunday Riley, Avene, Darphin, La Roche-Posay, & Embryolisse to name a few...

They just launched a new subscription box service **, where they send you no less than 6 items (could be more!) that are a mixture of: full size, travel size, deluxe sample size, and regular sample size. All the brands and products in the box are available on DermStore's website for purchase (I'll make sure to link each product mentioned in this post below)! 

This post is a look inside and reviews of the products from the February BeautyFix Box 

Hair Care: I got 2 travel-size hair products which I didn't end up using because of a few reasons; the conditioner by Revita.Cor is for people who suffer from hair loss, which is something I don't personally deal with, nor does anyone in my family. The second hair product was from Nick Chavez,  Advanced Columnizing Hairspray; I'm currently going through a hair transformation at the moment, so I'm not really putting too much extra product in my hair, though I will save this once I do start styling up my hair again.

They're THREE full size products in this box! In a lot of subscription boxes, you're lucky if you manage to get one full size product in there, but DermStore hooks it up:


 Glominerals Suede Matte Stick in 'Port': Beautiful bold, blue-red with a hint of brown undertones to it, so it doesn't come off as being bright,  but very subtle, very everyday. I absolutely LOVE this shade. I definitely can and do wear this for a casual day look or a night out. Since its a 'suede' matte, its not drying on the lips, and the application goes on smooth and bold without being patchy. I want stock up on a few these!

Purlisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum: Never heard of this brand until now (kind of point of these subscription boxes, ain't it?) but I do adore this eye serum, which is a cream-gel thats very cooling and hydrating for the under eye area; also will admit that I have noticed a bit of brightening of my dark circles! I'll continue to use until the bottle is done.

 Danielle Creations Gold-Plated Eyelash Curler: I didn't really like this eyelash curler; my eyelashes are not long and fluttery on their own, so I use eyelash curlers to help push them up a little bit, I barely got a curl with this one; I'd go back to my Tarte or Chanel ones, and then try this one again...nada. Pass.

The last 2 items in the box were sample sizes, the size that you'd get from Sephora or Ulta samples.


 Skinceuticals A.G.E. Eye Complex: Looooooovvveedd this! I loved this cream so much that I cut open the damn sample size tube...and you know how small that is?! Worth every dang drop. It feels so comforting, nourishing, and relaxing going on; my eyes feel so good! I enjoyed using this at night, and my eyes looked and felt less puffy and tight come morning. I would like a few jars of this please and thank you!

 Lashfood Eyelash Enhancer: Going back my lack luster lashes, I was intrigued by the concept of this; did I buy into it completely? No... Sort of; I've noticed a possible difference using this every night. Its supposed to help grow and straighten the lashes but, with just a sample size tube, it's kind of hard to give a good review about this product if I can only use it for a few weeks, and not a long period of time. I don't think though I'll end up purchasing the full size of this once it runs out.

All in all, I ended up trying out 5 of the 7 products in this box; used/will continue to use 5 out of the 7 products...I think thats a pretty good first round if I don't say so myself! I definitely want to see more of these boxes from DermStore throughout the months, excited to see what they'll put in the next one!

If you're interested in the Beautyfix February box, its available for purchase here, without subscribing to the service, for $34.95 

If you want to keep up with the subscription box, it's $24.95 every month, and you can subscribe to it here and choose the 'Monthly Subscription' option. 

Yes, it may cost a bit more than some other box services, but you get a variety of top prestige beauty brands and sizes to try, and you never get less than 6 products in a box, which always range for $100 & up. 


** Disclaimer: The product(s) mentioned in this post were sent to me by the mentioned brand(s) &/or DermStore for reviewing purposes.  All opinions & comments about product(s) are from my own personal use of them. I am not being paid by any brand(s) to talk about their product(s) that are mentioned, unless otherwise stated by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment