Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Review: Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask

photo credit: sephora.com


I have thick, damaged (hats off to my younger self who thought boxed hair dye was a swell idea), wavy hair that suffers from dryness, breakage, and Florida's disgusting humidity...so weekly hair masks and treatments are a must!

* Briogeo's Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask smells and feels like a product you'd get from your salon; its rich without being perfumey, almost a slight musk-nutty (argan oil) scent. It has the consistency of almost a creamy, greek-yogurt and just smooths onto damp hair evenly; I brush it through after I apply it like I do with every hair mask/treatment, let it sit for the allotted time, which is 3-5 minutes (I find the longer the better) I'll rinse it out, than maybe add a little more argan oil at my tips then let my hair air-dry over night. 

Overall, I think this a really good hair mask, not the best I tried, but not the worst. I definitely noticed after a few uses that my hair was more soft and shiny and has continued to have less breakage; so if you have slightly oily roots and dry ends, I feel like this mask won't be too heavy for you, and will work well giving you the hydrated balance to your locks. For those with severely dry hair, I'd still recommend it, but maybe go in with your other treatment(s) that you would normally use after you wash this out. 

If you're looking for a new hair mask and deal with the hair types I mentioned above, you can find Briogeo's Deep Conditioning Mask over at your local Sephora.

At the time of this posting, Sephora's website is currently out of stock, but you can order it online at Briogeo's site here, retails for $26.


* Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post was kindly sent to me by Be Social PR & Briogeo for reviewing purposes. All opinions & comments about the product(s) are from my own personal use and experience with them. I am not being paid to talk about the product(s) mentioned, unless stated otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment