Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Master post Review: Sunday Riley

photo credit: sundayriley.com

This is my Sunday Riley Reviews Masterpost. Here you will find all of the SR products I've tried up to present, with exception of their newest release, Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream, which will be up in a separate post shortly (you can read my review of it here).

Flora Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil: The smell isn't off putting but, if you're sensitive to scents and not a fan of roses, it may not be the top pick for you; it's literally as if someone grabbed all the roses from every garden on the block and just shoved them right in your nose, with some green notes thrown in between. Personally, I love almost any kind of rose scent so, this doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

Ingredients: Russian, Bulgarian, & Turkish red roses; Rose Geranium, Palma Rosa, Pomegranate, Wild Carrot, Chia Seed, Rosehip, and Tomato Seed Oil.

This is a dry oil, so for me, it never felt like it really sinked into my skin properly. I wouldn't personally use this oil just on its own if you have more dehydrated skin, because it just happens to linger on top of the skin's surface opposed to sinking in...no matter how much I wanted to love this, I just wasn't getting the full effects of this oil as I would have liked. With drier skins, I would recommend putting another oil or a cream of your choice underneath; combo skins may benefit more and not need to add much to it. This could be better off for more mature skins though, as the bottle states, so I will pass this off to my mother, perhaps.

photo credit: sephora.com

Luna Sleeping Night Oil: What a controversial little blue liquid! Does it work? Does it not work? For me, it didn't work, and by that I mean it was too strong for my skin! The smell was definitely off-putting at first, but the moment I was massaging it into the skin, the smell was actually quite therapeutic, I just wanted to keep massaging more into my skin.

It severely broke me out, terribly. I first started off using it every night, which I don't recommend if you haven't tried or your skin isn't used to retinol-based products, because your skin will most likely react.  Its best to start using this every few days, so you can see how your skin will react/become immune to it. If you are still unsure, you can always ask for a sample at your local Sephora if they carry the SR line.


Ceramic Slip: I don't know why I tried this cleanser out, I guess curiosity got the best of me, but since I don't have really oily skin, which I think its best made for (oily/combo);  this just ended up drying out my skin. If you want to try out Sunday's line but don't know which product to choose first and you have the above skin concerns, I'd grab this cleanser first before anything else, it would really make you fall right in love; shame it didn't work out for me though. 

Good Genes: Skincare products that have more natural ingredients in them aren't always going to smell like florals and fresh linen, and Good Genes proves this 100 times over! For me, it literally just smelled like baby-poo, really the best way I can describe the smell. This is a Lactic Acid treatment, probably one of the best acids out there, but again, if you aren't used to strong ingredients, I'd recommend going in with this every other day, every few days, whatever your preference until your skin gets used to it opposed to everyday. This left my skin feeling so soft and smooth though like the Luna, it broke me out...not nearly as bad, but spots were coming around until the time I took it out, than all said spots starting to heal and calm down and no others popped up...so I knew this product was the culprit. Regardless, I do feel like this lives up to its claims, I just wish my skin didn't hate it so much!

Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm: I finally got this back into my routine after being without it for some months...you can read my review on this lovely cleansing balm here.

Start Over Eye Cream: Great eye cream, horrid new packaging. I didn't get my hands on Start Over with its glass pump bottle; this new packaging is in this weird tube, with a metal roller angled at such an odd way that I never bother to use it...I just squeeze out the product and apply it with my ringer fingers. I don't know why SR thought to change the packaging on this, many more customers wanted this product to be more travel-friendly? Who knows.

The product itself though, excellent! Its a gel-cream formula, instantly cools and depuffs the under eye area, day or night, though with gel creams, I like to use them in the morning, especially if I didn't get in a proper nights' rest.


Sad to see you go...Discontinued Products:

Charisma Creme: LOVE this cleanser! But SR has seemed to discontinue this gentle, skin softening liquid for good; its hard to find ANYWHERE anymore because of it, though I was so determined to try it that I found it on Arch Chicago's online shoppe...when I went back to their site a few weeks later to repurchase 2 more backups, I was sadly informed that they were currently out of stock, though I do currently see it available on their website still, so there is still hope for a future restock of this here (you can send them an e-mail to be put on a waiting list to get notified once it does, fingers crossed!).

More milk than creme; very liquidly, like milk. I love using this cleanser as my morning cleanse, which I use about 2 full pumps to get a good slip on dry skin; or a second cleanse in the evening, using about 2-3 pumps all over face and neck. Its so gentle, hydrating, and my skin just soaks this up comfortably; it's one of the best cleansers I've used for the morning but once this runs out, I'll have to find a back-up that can match this so I've been using this sparingly for now!


Disrobe Body Lotion: Oh, what a divinely, sweet-smelling body lotion this is! My body feels so soft, supple, and non-greasy after I apply this almost everywhere; it claims to firm, detoxify, exfoliate, and hydrate the skin without feeling greasy...I can constitute that it does hydrate and exfoliate stunningly...though I haven't used it quite long enough to see if the claims of "firming and detoxifying" ring to be true...claims like that can tend to be a bit on the 'bogus' side of the beauty spectrum.

Again, and with the next product below, I hunted this down from Arch Chicago's beauty shop since it's unavailable everywhere else now; though currently at the time of this posting, Arch Chicago has taken down the products from their site, so they either could be out of stock for good *cries* If you see it floating around anywhere on the web for purchase, snatch it up, and as many as you can before others get smart and do the same!

Liquid Diet Body Treatment: Going from a creme-brûlée scent of Disrobe, to a citrus paradise with Liquid Diet, SR does a body good! This is more of an overnight worker than an instant-gratification one; regardless, I do see this help lessen the 'bloat' of water retention, or when that 'time of the month' creeps around the bend. Its a nice relief, and can be a great product if legs, ankles, or feet are a bit puffy or swollen from a long day; it helps relax, cool, and calm down and built up fluid retention.

Again, its a disappointment that this is also kicked out of SR's range. At the time of this post, there is no news on whether or not Sunday Riley will come out with any more body products in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I managed to find disrobe in stock a month or so ago on spacenk uk site. Maybe you can try there!
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to take a peek, thank you for the heads up!! :*

      Delete
  2. Oh, and I agree about charisma Creme. I have a back up bottle and I don't want to crack it open just yet :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more than halfway through my bottle now...ugh, what a disappointment it will be once I run out. Hold on to your backup tight!

    ReplyDelete