Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Highend vs Drugstore: The Melting Gel Cleansers



  Ah, the debate continues...to splurge or to save? This post, as the title echoes, is about which melting gel cleansers are the best from highend beauty or drugstore: Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel or Yes To Coconuts Ultra Hydrating Melting Cleanser. They are both makeup removal/second cleanse contenders, and they both claim to do the same thing: hydrate, remove makeup, & leave skin feeling clean and hydrated. They both actually do all of these things and well, but they do have their slight differences that set them apart from each other...so which is better?



Let's start with highend: Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel has been, like other Clarins products, a cult favorite from their range; its scent is of the regular Clarins kind, a nice splash of herbal/medicinal and gentleness. This cleanser does it what saids on the tin, and then some for me. It removes every inch of makeup during the first round, including the eye area, which it is super gentle on. As you massage the gel onto the skin, it turns into an oil with impeccable slip, and emulsifies into a light milk once hit with water, no film left afterward. The skin is removed of all impurities and makeup, leaving it soft, hydrated, and calm. I always feel I can skip the second-cleanse step when using it (& I don't, but I have been closely tempted somedays...). It's another Clarins win for me, & I hate to admit that I had not tried this sooner; its developing into a staple for the long skincare roads ahead.




Drugstore: Yes To Coconuts Ultra Hydrating Melt Cleanser also does what it claims on the tube; a gel that turns into another great oil with slip to match, removes all makeup, yet advises to avoid the eye area...bummer; this won't be suited for the simplistic because you'll need to go in with another product to remove the eye makeup. The scent for me in no way matches the Clarins one, because it's a mix of coconuts and sunscreen. If you love both of those scents, this could be a year-round winner for you, but coconut isn't really my thing. Not to say that its not a good scent, but if I want a 'food' scent I enjoy a more spicy, herbal, or citrus aroma. I'll take a coconut drink, candle maybe... And the fact that it reminded me of washing my face with sunscreen everytime? Kind of a turn off...I enjoy sunscreen itself, slather it on everyday, but I don't need that fragrance in a cleanser, even though I'm just going to wash it down the sink and it doesn't linger.  Is that a bad reason to not enjoy a cleanser, despite doing it's duty well, is to naysay it because of its scent? 

As it were, these cleansers are both unique, yet the same, and both get the job done very well. The winner for me is the Clarins Pure Melt cleanser, because  I enjoy every single thing about it, and it can go all over the face, which isn't said for the Yes To Coconuts one. Yet, Coconuts still isn't a bad choice to pick either, especially if you love coconuts.

Respectfully, you can find Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel for $37 to purchase here & Yes To Coconuts Ultra Hydrating Cleanser for $9.99 here


No comments:

Post a Comment