Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Influenster Box: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence & Facial Treatment Mask Reviews



I'm a real sucker for the Influenster programme and have been lucky enough to have received 2 other boxes prior to this new *SK-II one (you can read my other 2 posts here & here). They send out products from really great, high-end brands from skincare to makeup to try for testing and reviewing purposes. Here are my reviews from their latest box, with SK-II's Facial Treatment Essence & Facial Treatment Sheet Mask




This would be my first time ever trying this brand, though their Facial Treatment Essence has been a longtime favorite of beauty bloggers around the globe for a while now; I think it deserves to say it goes in the 'cult-classic' category. For me, I have thoroughly enjoyed using this Essence in my routines like a lot of bloggers do, but I strictly use this for my nighttime routine because I feel I get more use of the treatment and notice that any & all products applied on top of this just penetrate into the skin better and efficiently. I did not see much use of it using it in the morning for some reason, though I cannot really say why that is, my face just likes certain products at certain times of day!


The Facial Treatment Mask is probably the best sheet mask I've ever used up until this point (though honestly, I haven't used many). There was only one in the box, so I saved it for when I would need the most use from it, and it just happened to be in the morning (funny how that works out). I don't know why the sheet mask worked better in the morning for me, maybe  because it was just drenched in the Essence, but it proved to be and do wonders for my overtired, drained-from-my-studies, lackluster skin. I did not even bother putting any makeup on for 2 days afterward, my skin just looked and felt that amazing that it didn't need anything else.

Directions say to leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes and to wipe off excess once sheet is removed; I broke all the rules and left it on for 20 minutes and massaged in all the excess from face to neck to back up again. It's $17 for one of these sheet masks...I ain't wiping off any excess of anything! And boy, was it well worth it!

Best suited if you're traveling, dealing with lackluster skin due to: environment, weather, lack of sleep, etc...or just to treat yourself, because you deserve to that every once in a while! I would really enjoy a yearly supply of these SK-II Facial Treatment Masks, please & thank you! I think they do such a great job and honestly, it really gave me such confidence in being bare-faced for a few days because I just enjoyed how my skin looked and felt. Sephora sells this mask as a single sheet mask ($17), a box of 6 sheet masks ($95) or a box of 10 sheet masks ($135)...I would go out and buy a few of the box of 10's, but I cannot cave as of yet with spending that much money on a sheet mask (despite what I just professed above). One of these days though, I will be determined enough to just go for it! After all, you only have the skin your in, and its worth the splurge to treat your body & skin right.

Ended up being very pleased with both of these products from the latest Influenster box.

*Disclaimer: Product(s) mentioned in this post were kindly sent to me by SK-II & Influenster for testing & reviewing purposes. All opinions & comments about the products mentioned here are from my own personal use and experience with them. I am not being paid to talk about any of the product(s) mentioned above, unless otherwise stated.

3 comments:

  1. I bought a pack a while back that included the essence, a toner and a sheet mask. I've only tried the essence but you've got me all excited to find some time to do the sheet mask!
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, you must! I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did, but I need to get more soon.

      Delete
  2. I've tried this mask a couple of years ago and I thought it was really good. I'm now looking into buying a nice sheet mask in the lead up to a couple of weddings I'm going to. I'm trying to decide between this one and one from Colbert md (which is even more expensive than this one). Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete