Thursday, January 7, 2016

Mini Review/First Impressions: Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara


Mascara's are my jam! I'm picky with them, and usually do thorough research and check out reviews on tons of mascaras before I purchase, especially if any that interest me are high end, because if I'm going to be paying $30 for a mascara that I got to toss in 4 months, I'm going to research hard!

I don't own very many things from Marc Jacobs Beauty, but the few that I do own or have tried, I love, such as: Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner, Magic Marc'er Precision Pen Waterproof Liquid Liner, & the O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara. All have been absolute hits with me, so I was beyond thrilled when I joined Influenster**, that I was chosen almost immediately to partake in their VoxBox for MJ's new mascara, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara for reviewing purposes...excitement would be an understatement. 

oh hey, there my lashes are!

Ok, so now whats the consensus? I love it, naturally, and wasn't too surprised either since I've had so much luck with his other eye products so far; I had high hopes, and they were exceeded. I get the intense color, the popping volume, no clumps, no mascara-dust falling on my cheeks...

Did MJB need to come out with another volumizing mascara? Probably not, but the performance and packaging are amazing compared to O!Mega, so maybe he was looking to update that a bit to create something better, and he did. Does it give my lashes a velvet-look? No...and what the hell would that look like anyway?! I'd love to know! 

This mascara is worth a try, especially if you love that long, wide-eye-volume lash look. Sephora also just added a deluxe sample size of this to their VIB Beauty Rewards Boutique as a 100 point perk (while supplies last, naturally), so if you're still on the fence, you can still try it out for a bit without having to pay the whopping $26.

**Disclaimer: The product(s) mentioned in this post were sent to me by the mentioned brand(s)  for review. All opinions and comments in this post are of my own from my personal use of them. I am not being paid by any brand(s) to talk about their product(s) that are mentioned, unless otherwise stated by me.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Love all things beauty but tend to hate most beauty blogger's writing styles. Except yours, it's GREAT, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thankyou so much for the kind words!! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete