Sunday, January 17, 2016

Review: The Jewel In The Jar, Pommade Divine Nature's Remedy Balm


If any of you have ever used Elizabeth Arden's infamous 8-Hour Cream Skin Protectant, than you will probably love this more than the cult-classic. Though Pommade Divine Nature's Remedy Balm would also be considered a cult classic in the UK, where it originated from, in 1800. Not many of us in the States are aware of this jewel in a jar because it's widely unavailable to purchase through U.S retailers because it's not so widely known, like ANYWHERE.

The scents of both are oddly similar, yet PM is much more calming and riddled with nature's finest ingredients; very medicinal/nature-esque, which is right the hell up my alley! If you love the wonderfully intoxicating medicinal scent of skincare products, this one belongs in your wardrobe but I warn you, your nose will be stuck in this jar once you get it and you'll never want to take it out...I know from first-hand experience, I literally had to talk myself out of the jar a few times!! 

 I honestly can't remember exactly how I stumbled upon this little fancy miracle worker, I just knew I  wanted a change from EA for a while, though it had been beneficial to me, I just wanted something more out of a treatment balm, and I happily, by chance, found it in Pommade Divine. 

IngredientsLanolin, Olus Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Acacia Decurrens/Jojoba/Sunflower Seed Wax/Polyglyceryl-3 Esters, Styrax Benzoin Resin Extract, Liquidambar Orientalis Resin Extract, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Bud Oil, Eugenol, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon) Leaf Oil, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon) Bark Oil, Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Parfum (Fragrance)


This balm is supposed to help assist with:
- healing dry, cracked, and/or & irritated skin
- antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti fungal & antiseptic
- helps heal cuts, insect bites, & bruises
- cleans, brightens, and helps alleviate acne skins


With little scrapes or cuts, I apply the balm on the wound and than apply a bandage to wear overnight, repeat as often as needed, with little to no scaring after a few days, the same has worked for me with pesky bug bites! I've even read that people also use it on babies for diaper rash; or for severely dry skins, use it as a nighttime moisturizer for the face. I have yet to try it on my face, though I am curious to see how it works on some blemishes I've been acquiring as of late...may have to test that one out later this evening. Also, I had some red, inflamed, irritated patch of skin on my neck the other day (sometimes those develop while I'm highly under stress), and I applied this right before bed to help soothe it; all annoyance and redness almost completely subsided, and by the afternoon I couldn't even tell anything was there in the first place, bless this balm! 

The reasoning why I'm fussing so much about this balm is because 1. it works. 2. it's AMAZING. 3. it really IS an all-in-one, gentle miracle balm for life's everyday irritants. It heals, soothes, and comforts the skin gently and effectively; doesn't feel sticky, tacky, or heavy, not messy in the least bit,  uses extremely effective ingredients... It may look and feel more like ointment than a balm, but it's really so much more. 

I haven't even had it for that long, yet I'm already halfway through the tiny, 50ml jar! I'll need to start filling up my cabinets soon with stock of this stuff, ASAP.

If you're curious to find out more about Pommade Divine Nature's Remedy Balm, you can visit their official website here


The jar ranges for $35, which isn't bad at all for something that you'll only need a little of every time, unless you use it like myself, by the scoops...oops. Down below, you'll see all links to where you can purchase exclusively here in the U.S., and where I purchased mine from (a UK beauty shoppe that ships to the U.S.):







 





No comments:

Post a Comment