Monday, January 4, 2016

Product Review: OSKIA's Renaissance Cleansing Gel & Perfect Cleanser



It's a shame that Oskia hasn't crossed the pound yet over to the States...yes, you can purchase Oskia from a few online beauty retailers that ship to the US (Look Fantastic [a personal favorite & where I got both of my cleansers from] & Beauty Bay to name a few) but, this London-born skincare brand has been all the hype within the last few years, and for good reason, especially so when it comes to their cleansers, which more than likely you've heard your favorite beauty blogger write and rave about...


Renaissance Cleansing Gel

Its a beautifully light, coral-color cleansing gel-to-oil that rids away the days' impurities & grime, giving you a wonderfully nourishing, clean, and refreshing experience...no wonder its a top hit, and it definitely checks off in my book as my favorite gel cleanser I'ver ever used. Any and all gel cleaners that I have used in the past up to this point has always dried out my skin, no matter what...so needless to say I was extraordinarily hesitant when wanting to try this one, yet, all the raves from bloggers across the beauty universe  reeled me in to take the plunge, and to be honest, I'm very happy I did.

The cleansing gel is great for all skin types, so if you are like me and gel-cleaansers dry you out, don't fear this one, the hype is all there, and its good! With continued use, it can also be good for pigmentation, dark spots from acne scars, and if you're still struggling with some spots, overtime this can help since its packed with vitamins & enzymes (A, B2, C, E, Pumpkin Enzyme...). For personal use, I thoroughly enjoy using this in the mornings strictly; before I picked up their Perfect Cleanser, this gel one was a morning and/or night; though now I find this one much more pleasant and refreshing and that it lifts my skin and perks it up in the morning: its more bright, hydrated, and clean. For the first time, I can't believe I'm going to say that I actually love a gel cleanser. Hats off to you, Oskia!

Perfect Cleanser: Nutri-Active Cleansing & Nourishing Balm

I love me a good balm, let that be said first (which I probably always say when I chat about cleansing balms). If I could have a whole cabinet full of cleansing balms, I would (and most possibly will at some point, let's get real). This cleanser jumps right on the shelf as one of my favorite cleansing balms. It stands out on its own, for me, like the Sunday Riley Blue Moon Cleansing Balm does; the Perfect Cleanser is rich in Vitamins & Enzymes, like its sister - which helps clean and decongests the skin leaving you a soft, clean canvas to continue on with the rest of your routine. Once massaged onto dry skin, you add a little water to break up the rich balm, and whatever impurities are left behind, before removing it with a cloth...and you will need a cloth to remove this..I've tried just rinsing it off with warm water just for the kicks of it...what a waste of water that was, barely budged!  This cleansing balm leaves my skin superbly clean, soft, and just uh, so lovely. With this cleanser, I use it specifically at night since I prefer the heavy-dutyness of a balm cleanser in the evenings. For me, this goes into the cleansing balm hall-of-fame, right with Emma Hardie, Clinique, & Sunday Riley.

BTW: Both of these cleansers are great for all skin types: normal, dry, mature, hormonal, combo, oily, dull...Also, these cleansers are not meant for makeup-removal, these both would be considered your second and/or morning cleanser.

I purchased both of these cleansers through LookFantastic, which took almost about a month (3 1/2 weeks tops) to get to me through the postal service. I got these while they were on discount, & usually LF always has some kind of discount or sale going on, so its worth a check out if you're interested in either of these cleansers, or anything else from the Oskia range (they currently have one going on now, use the code LF15 at checkout to get 15% off your order). On top of that, you can get some cash back through Ebates at the moment when you make a purchase on LF's site, I'll have an Ebates link at the bottom of this post if any were interested in signing up; its free & you get some money back every few months for shopping online, what can be so wrong with that? (extra savings!!)

Where you can purchase products mentioned in this post




2 comments:

  1. I have been looking at Oskia for awhile now! I definitely want to try them out. I too am a cleansing balm fanatic. Have you tried the new Biotherm one? Heaven !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Biotherm one, in fact, I've never tried anything from the brand, eek! I will have to look into that for sure, thank you for the recommendation fellow balm addict! :D And I'd highly recommend trying Oskia out, their balm cleanser is a must-try! I want to try more from their range since I hit jackpot with these cleansers.

      Delete